Image Map

Friday, September 5, 2014

Hey Friday!

IT's been awhile since I've done the Hey Friday! link up with September Farm and The Farmer's Wife, but that's because we haven't had Internet for the past two weeks.  Long story.  Anyway...  Here we go!!!


1. I'm kind of back tracking a bit, but last Friday night was the annual Zombie Walk on Bardstown Road in Louisville.  Pretty hilarious, right?  We had an absolute blast, despite the look on Alison's face above. Our photographer said zombies aren't supposed to smile.  Hee hee.


Some delicious street tacos consumed by my undead self.


2.  Saturday I finally got around to trimming my basil and making homemade pesto!  It was the besto! I used Pioneer Woman's recipe from HGTV's site.  It was soooo yummy!!!!


Paired with homegrown tomatoes from my coworker's garden and some fresh mozzarella, it made quite the tasty Caprese Salad.  Mmmm, cheese!!!


3. I finally found some fabric for window treatments and pillows in my dressing room/closet.  Bonus points to me because it was on clearance for $4.95 a yard!  Can't beat that!!!! 


4. Sunday the Louisville Water Company hosted Bluegrass and Bourbon down on the river.  Above is the historic and beautiful water tower.  The weather ended up being absolutely perfect and the music was pretty awesome.  I did not partake in the bourbon, however.  I'm a lightweight and can't handle  hard liquor like that.


5.  I can tolerate beer quite well, and Monday (Labor Day) we went to West 6th in Lexington to grab some dinner and a beer.  The two above were the Creamsicle Stout (maybe?) and Pink and Witty (a hibiscus wit beer).  I may not be 100% correct on the names of those.  Either way, they were yummy.  So was the fish we had from Smithtown Seafood.


BONUS HAPPY!!!!!!!!  My favorite nugget wearing the outfit I got her down in Gulf Shores.  I require frequent photos of my favorite baby when she's out of town.  I mean, wouldn't you miss those cheeks???  So stinking cute!!!



And just for giggles, here's how I spent my Wednesday night.  I was rear ended on the way home and spent the rest of the night in the ER.  I'm completely fine (and I knew I was), but my mom insisted I go.  Just a bad case of whiplash.  And I'm healing quite nicely.  My car, however, is going to require a little more TLC.  The funny part is that I was involved in a wreck that WASN'T my fault!!!!!  Don't get me wrong, I'm not happy about being in a wreck, but it makes it a lot better when it's not your fault.  I may or may not have a history of dings, dents, and replaced panels on all of my former vehicles.  Let's just say that my body shop owner's kids college was paid in part by me...

Anyway, hope everyone has a great weekend.  I'm looking forward to a lot less on my plate this weekend and I couldn't be more excited!!!!  See y'all next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment