Image Map

Friday, August 8, 2014

Hey, Friday! It's so nice to see you.

What a crazy week it's been!  I am so excited for this weekend to get here that getting through this work day is going to be hard!  Here's what I've been loving and doing this week!

1.  Friday night with my favorite guy. Okay, so this was last Friday night, but I think it still counts.


During the summer, the town I grew up in (Frankfort) has a few Friday night free concerts out on the Old Capital Lawn.  Last Friday's featured my dad and his band.  I spent the evening hanging out with my brother, uncle, some friends and our newest puppy cousin while enjoying the musical stylings of my dad and his harmonica.  It was a great time!

2.  As much as I whine and complain about testing concrete, I really do enjoy being at our concrete plants.  It's like visiting your college stomping grounds or something for me. And luckily I only slightly messed up one load of  concrete when I was batching.  Ha.


3. My friends Jamie and Steven are coming in town this weekend to stay and watch some golf.  It's been awhile since we hung out, so I'm looking forward to catching up!


{ The far left and the far right are Jamie and Steven, respectively.}

4. So, it's very rare that I'm happy it's raining, but today I am all about it. I need a day to slow down and catch up on some not so fun stuff (like vacuuming) that I've postponed to do other much more entertaining stuff. Rainy days are perfect for that. When I get home from work tonight, I'll be cleaning like a mad woman, and gloomy, drizzly weather makes it a heck of a lot easier to say no to going out.


5.  As I mentioned earlier, Jamie and Steven are coming in town to watch some golf.  What I didn't fill you in on is that the PGA Championship is at Valhalla this week and weekend.  This Sunday I will be watching from a fancy tent on the 17th hole and plotting how I can meet Rory McIlroy.  Have I ever mentioned how my life long dream is to be the wife of the winner of a PGA tournament?  I've long dreamed of being the one that greets their happy husband on the 18th hole.  I guess it's all those years of growing up on a golf course.  Plus golf is my second favorite sport to watch, only to football.  


We would totally make adorable babies.  I'm sure every other single lady between 18-35 has the same dream... Plus, I hear his new girlfriend has been spotted all over the course.  Le sigh. 
Ahhh, I'm so funny!

Anyway, happy weekending, y'all!

Linking up with September Farm and the Farmer's Wife again this week!


***HEY, GUESS WHAT???? I just checked my stats and this is my 100th post on this blog! Woohoo!***

4 comments:

  1. I guess I am a "pluviophile" also. I had no idea that was a thing. :) I love, love, love rainy days too! Glad you've had a great week! (Stopping in from Oh Hey Friday!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

      Delete
  2. Love the rain picture and I hope you have a great weekend with your guests!

    ReplyDelete