Image Map

Monday, August 11, 2014

Weekending

Awesome. This weekend was just flat out awesome. Super, crazy busy and awesome.  Here's the recap!

Friday night: drinks after work followed by more drinks at home with my house guests for the weekend, Jamie and Steven.

Saturday: Jamie and Steven headed to Valhalla for the PGA Championship and I headed to my new favorite place, Home Depot.  I finished rolling all the walls and most of the trim work in the master closet.  I have about an hour or so of trim work left to do, and then I'm done with paint completely!  Thank goodness. I suck at painting.  Ugh.

After finishing that up in the morning, I headed over to the St. Joe's Orphan's picnic to meet Beth, JD, my favorite newborn, and some other folks.  After a beer and a few dimes spent trying to win a cake, we headed over to the Irish Rover for some more drinks and food.


{My sweet "niece." She's pretty much the most perfect baby ever. I'm not at all biased either.}


{I require an array of beverages.}


{The Welsh Rabbit aka the world's most gigantic grilled cheese.} 


Riley had a dental appointment for a teeth cleaning on Saturday morning.  He's so pathetic when he I pick him up from those, it's like he's drunk.  They had to pull a couple of his teeth that were loose, so he's been eating wet food since then.  I think he's alright with this trade off. Fox puppy loves him some wet food.

I instructed the vet to also take a look at his eyes while he was there since he's been stumbling and tripping a lot lately.  As I suspected, his vision is changing and has gotten a tad bit blurry with age. It's nothing major or at all serious, but I did cry on the way home from the vet simply because my dog is aging.  Dog owners, I know you know what I'm talking about. 

On to more upbeat topics...

Saturday evening, some friends came over to join me and my golf loving house guests for a few beers on the patio.  We weren't up too late since Jamie and Steven were worn out from the links and I had to get up early to head to Valhalla myself.



{Dad and I at the PGA Championship.}



So by the time we got out there and made our way to the number one tee to watch some of the major players tee off, we got caught in an absolute downpour.  The tournament was on rain delay for almost two hours which gave us plenty of time to dry out in the Chalet.


I almost didn't bring my Hunter wellies because I didn't want to fool with them.  Man am I glad that Dad convinced me I would want them.  It was a mud pit all over the paths!  It was awesome to tromp through puddles and mud without a care in the world!


See that umbrella in the distance covering a guy in blue pants?  I can't remember which PGA golfer that is, but he's famous!  Ha ha! It wasn't any of the leaders, though.  That's the only golfer photo I could sneak without getting in trouble.  There are no photos allowed during tournaments.  Oops...

Sunday night I was exhausted after being out at the course for around 7 hours, but dinner plans had been made and they involved tacos.  We ate at Dragon King's Daughter which is a sushi/taco/Asian-Mexican fusion restaurant and had a lovely time.  It was a nice way to wind down such a whirlwind of a weekend.  

Alas, it's Monday and I'm back to the grind, but I have no doubt this will be a good week.  I'm leaving Friday for Asheville for Kate's bachelorette party and I cannot wait to relax for a few days!

Until next time, have a great week y'all!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment