Image Map

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Questionnaire-ing

So I read stalk a lot of blogs, one of which is this blog here.  She posted this the other day, and said feel free to copy/paste your own version.  So that's what I'm doing.  Mainly so my friend Courts doesn't get on me for not blogging lately.  I'm pretty sure she is the only one that cares, heehee :).  So here we go!

11 things you never wanted to know about me

1.  I have never seen the Karate Kid. I wasn't allowed to watch it when I was younger, and just haven't gotten around to it.

2. I am really weird when it comes to seasoning on my food. I do not, repeat DO NOT, like butter or salt. I'm a freak, I know.

3.  Actually, I do not like a lot of food related things.  It's kinda funny, I was just having a convo with the boyfriend today re: the kinds of nuts I won't eat (Brazil, pecan, walnut).  I also hate nuts in breads and my desserts. I think he was beginning to question why he was dating me, especially after our dinner out last night where we split a pizza.  Ha ha ha! Let's just say that my food tastes are very similar to his  4 year old son's.

4.  I do not like any cats except the ones I know personally. Then they usually melt my heart.  Other than that, I'm  an all dog, all the way kinda gal.

5.  I hate country music, despite living in Kentucky.  Actually, there is a lot of us Kentuckians that feel that way.  Bluegrass is a different story.  Love me some bluegrass.

6.  I have dumped guys for bad taste in music. Yep. I said it. You won't be seeing my ass at a Nickleback concert. Ever.

7.  I am a sucker for donating ALL. THE. CHANGE. in my car to those stoplight intersection fundraisers. I have help up traffic on numerous occasions trying to dig change out of the bottom of my console.

8.  I am insanely OCD.  Just kidding, this is no surprise to anyone. It is well documented. But I'm not the kind of OCD where I have to wash my hands a lot or count things in multiples.  I just really get bent out of shape when things aren't in order or put away.  So really, I guess I'm more of a neat freak with control issues.

9.  Out of my closest friends in the world (probably around 18 people), I have known all but 3 of them since high school. Those three I met in college or right out of college.   Keep in mind that I am 33.  I think that's pretty cool.

10.  I have fantastically wonderful, easy to deal with hair.  However, it is in a pony 90% of the time because I am lazy.

11. I snort when I laugh. Like, a lot.  So does my mom.  I blame genetics. 

11 answers to random questions asked by KRISTEN.

1. What's the best/most interesting that's happened to you since you started blogging?


Someone once told me that I was a great writer.  What???  Are you for reals? 

2. What was the hardest post to write?

I don't really know.  I don't get super personal on here, but the one I wrote saying goodbye to Lexington was one that I cried while writing.

3. Do your friends and family know about your blog? Do they read it?

I guess so?  I used to link to my blog on FB, but have kind of stopped.  I just don't feel like it. I think I have a few friends that read it (ahem, Courts). But really the only reason I write on this blog is for memory's sake and self entertainment (re: this post).


4. Are you where you thought you would be today five years ago?

Ugh. I can't even begin to explain how bad five years ago was.  I was 28 then and in the throws of one of the unhappiest times of my life.  So I guess no?  I didn't think that I could ever be happy, so being as happy as I am right now was completely unfathomable to me back then.  God bless the 30's decade. They are soooo much better.

5. What is one thing you hope happens, either in your life or the world, in the next five years?

Duh, children. Hopefully marriage comes before that, but I'm willing to settle for not having that as long as I have children.  Not to mean that I want to get knocked up and live in sin. What I mean is that should I not get married in the next five years, I will be venturing into mommy land alone via donor. It's scary as shit to think about doing that alone, but not having kids is just not an option for me.  It's been the only thing in my entire life that I've been sure I wanted to do.  And lets face it, mother nature and father time are not on my side.

6. What is currently keeping you up at night?

HAHAHA! This is kind of funny since I'm going through a bout of not so great sleeping these days.  I was laughing at myself this weekend at the lake because I kept waking up terrified that my friend's little girl was going to get SIDS while she was sleeping in between the twin beds her mom and I wear in. I AM INSANE, I realize this. But honestly, nothing is keeping me UP, per say, I just wake up a lot throughout the night.

Oh wait, was that a more metaphorical question?  Ha! I'm waaayyyy to literal to even contemplate that!

7. What's the most daring thing you've done this year?

Well, I wouldn't say that I chose to be this daring, but I am living alone for good.  For the first time ever. I kinda love the heck out of it.  It's pretty fantastic.  

8. Are you an introvert or an extrovert?

EXTROVERT. I don't shut up.  Ever. Anywhere.

9. What is your most prized (material) possession?

Any of the many family heirlooms I've been passed down.  They are all so special to me that I can't choose.  I'm extremely sentimental (so is my entire paternal side of the family).

10. Share a YouTube video that always makes you laugh.



{Thanks for this, Brooklyn.  I'm still laughing, a month and a half later.}


11. Are there any words that you try to live by? Please share!

I always try to live by the Golden Rule. And I remind myself a lot to put myself in other's shoes. Try to see it from another perspective. Some days I am better at these than others...  I am a work in progress, y'all.  I'm okay with it.


So there ya go, folks.  Enjoy!  Or don't.  Whatevs.  Happy Tuesday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment