Image Map

Friday, October 10, 2014

Five on Friday: Happily Returning the Land of Link Ups!


I'm so glad that my favorite link up is back in effect!  Not that I am awesome at posting on a regular basis, but this one is one of my favorites! I love reminiscing about the past week and reflecting on all the good things in my world.  Thanks ladies for bringing it back! And thanks for the summer break, it was much needed! So without further ado, I'm linking up with NatashaDarciChristina, and April for my five favorite things this week!

1. Fall Decor!!! Yes, I am that typical girl that loves all things fall.  Well, almost all things.  I could do without the PSL.  Seriously, I think it tastes like chemicals.  I digress...  I finally got my fall porch decor put up, and I am super happy with the result!

Here was my pinspiration (did I really just use that word???):


And here are the finished result:



{Please ignore my wilted flowers...they looked much better after some water!}


I think it turned out pretty cute!

2.   Trying out a new restaurant!  This past Tuesday, my aunt and I had dinner at the new Cresent Hill Craft House.  Let me tell you, it was FAN-FREAKING-TASTIC! Word to the wise, do not eat the entire Griddled Cheese sandwich in one sitting.  It was too much!  But dang, was it good!!!


Yes, that's cheddar, Boursin, and cheese curds in one sandwich.  Oh my gluttony.

3. The annual debut of Halloween Bear.  Seriously y'all, this is by favorite most treasured piece of holiday decor.  This stupid, broken, goofy bear was a gift from my mom freshman year of college.  He sat on top of our TV in the dorms and fell off at least once a day.  

He has a broken arm (fixed with duct tape), is missing his bat mask due to head trauma, and he lost his candy bucket in a drunken attempt to go Trick or Treating.


I absolutely love this silly bear, simply because it reminds me of one of my very best friends and still-partner-in-crime, Alison.  We had a hell of a good time living together for four years in college!  

4.  3 hour phone convos with friends.  Last night I had a much needed phone date with the fantastic Courts InsertLastName.  I miss her living a five minute walk away terribly.  It's so great to have friends you can spend hours on the phone with talking about everything and nothing.  It's good for the soul.

5. New face stuff!!!  I am definitely one of those people that loves fancy bath and shower stuff.  It's also a bonus if it makes my skin look great halfway decent.  I have terrible skin, from acne to scarring all the way to oily and dry, sensitive skin.  It runs the gamete.  I just ordered this moisturizer from Philosophy, and I'm hoping it helps. Anyone have any experience with this particular product? 


I've been using the Purity face wash for a couple years and love it!  I'm hoping I have as much success with this product.

Anyway, happy Friday y'all! I'm looking forward to a very laid back weekend, hope you get to relax as much as I plan to!





2 comments:

  1. I agree with you about a PSL... buttttt, I do love a PSFrapp!! Much tastier :) :)

    ReplyDelete