Image Map

Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Weekending

This weekend was jam packed full of music and riverboat goodness, as well as some football.  I'm not gonna lie, I slept like a baby last night because I am old an cannot run like I used to.  
This weekend wore me out, but it was totally worth every minute of it.
So much fun!  Here's the recap in picture form:

Thursday Festivities at the Centennial Riverboat Festival at Waterfront Park:







Not anyone I know watching this super awesome fiddle player and his band, Michael Cleveland and the Flamekeepers.  


Friday's event was a semi-private barn concert and pot-luck with Town Mountain in Paris.
Drew, a lot of his family and I had an absolute blast at this super intimate show, but I failed to take a single picture.  Whatever, I am no professional photographer.

Saturday afternoon we headed out to my happy place, Keeneland for a few races and some beers.  The weather wasn't awesome, and we certainly didn't leave with extra money, but we still had a great time.  That's the thing about Keeneland, you're always going to have fun.



Saturday night consisted of a pick up pizza from Buddy's in Frankfort and falling asleep on the couch to the UK vs. LSU game. Apparently we didn't miss much.  Still, GO CATS!!!

Sunday morning I went home and absolutely kicked cleaning the house's ass.  I got so much down in the matter of 5 hours, that it was amazing.  I finished a couple small Pinterest projects I had been meaning to get around to, did about a million loads of laundry, cleaned the entire house and still had time to watch a little bit of football.

Early evening we set off back to Waterfront Park to see 23 String Band's last show ever, as well as an awesome set by Pokey LaFarge.  It was a great time, and we finally were able to get a decent selfie of the two of us, haha!



We stopped for dinner at a new place called Crescent Hill Craft House that opened a few months ago on Frankfort Avenue.  I've been there before, and knew the boyfriend would love it.  
I tried the Turk-Chee sandwich with Mac 'n Cheese.  I was a bit disappointed that the Mac 'n Cheese had bacon in it (I haven't eaten beef or pork for 21 years.), but it didn't stop me from nibbling around it.  Drew said it was some of the best he's ever had.  I'm going to have to make that boy some of my super awesome and fancy mac 'n cheese.  Mmm, I'm drooling thinking about it...


So, all in all, a busy and wonderful weekend.  Yay!

And just for funsies, here's some weekly nugget love!


These pumkins aren't nearly as cute as the little punkin above!



Not pictured, the three apple spice donuts I bought at the orchard on Tuesday. I'm not even going to apologize, they were totally worth every single calorie.

Have a great rest of the week, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment