Image Map

Friday, October 24, 2014

Five on Friday!!!!

I'm super excited about this upcoming weekend, so that's what my five revolve around this week.  We're heading down to Nashville this Sunday to see a show at the Ryman as well as a few other adventures!  

Linking up with these ladies again, NatashaDarciChristina, and April for another edition of Five on Friday!



1.  Before we head to Nash-Vegas on Sunday, there'e a pretty important football game going on in my former place of residence.  The Mississippi State Bulldogs are coming to Lexington to play at 3:30 on Saturday.  It's going to be a tough game, but I look forward to seeing my Cats recover and come back with a vengeance after last week's loss to LSU.  I'm debating about what to make for a game day snack, but this chicken chili recipe is at the top of the list.


{Courtesy of Pinterest}

2. The concert we are going to see on Sunday is Sturgill Simpson opening for Jason Isbell.  Listen to this Isbell song below and tell me it doesn't make you cry.  His music is so beautiful.


It doesn't hurt that Sturgill is originally from Kentucky, either.  Gotta love a local musician making his way into the bigtime Nashville music scene!

3.  Before the show, a friend of the boyfriend's was sweet enough to make us reservations at Husk for brunch.  Apparently it's the place to go, and they have a new menu daily!  I can't wait to check it out!!!

4.  Dinner will be spent at the Nashville restaurant, Whiskey Kitchen.  It has come highly recommended to us from a friend and I'm dying to get some of those fried green tomatoes in my belly!  Any Nashville natives have any other tips on what else to get there?

5. Okay, so this last thing that I'm absolutely loving this week is not Nashville related at all.  It's just too damn funny and cute to not share!!!


I mean, come on!  That's hilarious and adorable, all in the same picture!!!  This image was found on The Chive.  I am not nearly clever enough to come up with that on my own.  Nor do I have access to a hedgehog.

Anyway, I'm looking forward to another wonderful fall weekend!  Hope y'all are too!

7 comments:

  1. I love these hedgehog pictures! I've been seeing lots of hedgehogs lately...so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow it sounds like you are going to have such a good time in Nashville. I have only been once but I absolutely loved it. I went to an Italian place downtown called Sole Mio and it was amazing. I think the chicken chilli is perfect for game day!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have to try that next time I'm down there! Thanks for the recommendation!

      Delete
  3. You are going to have a blast in Nashville! I'm dying to take a trip back there for fun. I've only been for work and didn't get to do all the fun/touristy stuff that I would have liked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had a blast, I highly recommend getting back there soon. And definitely try Husk, it was to die for!!!

      Delete