Image Map

Friday, January 2, 2015

Book Challenge Update #2

Here's where I stand with my Winter Book Challenge this month.  As you can see, I didn't really get much reading done in December.  I was a little too preoccupied playing Santa!  I have a feeling I will finish the challenge this month since I have a lot more free time now that the holidays are over.

Read a book with a song lyric in the title; 25 points
High Fidelity by Nick Hornby
Song: High Fidelity by Elvis Costello (great song, btw)


I've seen this movie about 84,000 times,  It might be my all time favorite.  I've never read the book, so I figured it was about time.  And since I am a sort of purist when it comes to reading a book before the movie, I wasn't sure how I'd feel about any differences that arose. I tend to side on the side of the original source, but having seen the movie so many times I was afraid I would prefer that version. And that would just turn my entire belief system upside down. Seriously, I'm kind of nuts. Ha ha!  But I am so glad that I read it, because it was awesome!!! Not so different from the movie that it made me mad, but different enough to hold my attention. I was picturing John Cusack the whole time, though.  There are worse things...I think he's really cute.
Score: 5/5  323 pages

Read a book by a local author (Kentucky): 15 points
The Cornbread Mafia by James Higdon


I had heard rave reviews about this book for years from family and coworkers, so it was an easy choice.  It's non-fiction, which usually doesn't hold my interest, but this book did not disappoint!  Plus it's always cool when you know the places being discussed in a piece of literature first hand!
Score: 4.5/5 400 pages



Previous Total: 75 points
New Points: 40
Current Total: 115 points

No comments:

Post a Comment