Image Map

Friday, January 9, 2015

Ending 2014: A Holiday "Wrap" Up

December was a whirlwind of plans, activities, and holiday festivities.  I'll post more on them all seperately (maybe, don't hold your breath) and in more detail some other day.  But for those dying to know how my holidays were spent, here's a quick recap.

1.  I had a colonoscopy.  Yay adulthood.  I'm fine.  Moving on...

2.  Christmas was spent with family and for the first time in my 33 years of life, I invited my boyfriend to spend it with us. Big steps, folks, big steps. We spent Christmas Eve at my aunt's house on my dad's side.  The boyfriend and Dad enjoyed alley-ooping all the discarded wrapping paper into the garbage bag.  It was rather humorous.  I think my dad has a man crush...so cute!

Christmas morning was spent with just the two of us exchanging gifts and stocking and enjoying a quiet breakfast and coffee.  Later that day, the boyfriend headed home to spend the afternoon with his son and family.  Dad and my brother Will joined me for brunch later that morning.  It was a quiet, relaxing day and I couldn't have been happier!

The day after Christmas, Will and I headed up to Cincinnati to spend time with my mom and her side of the family.  It was a great day, and I got home early enough to watch a few episodes of Six Feet Under.  And yes, I am finally getting around to watching that entire series.  Anyone else a fan?

3.  I took the last two weeks of work (which was actually only 5 days of vacation) off to spend time with friends that traveled back home for the holidays.  The only reason I love Christmas is because I get to see some of my oldest and dearest friends and have an absolute blast getting together with our old crew.  So much fun!!!  One of our get togethers was for the UK vs. UofL game, and despite being a nerve wracking game, UK pulled it out and kept their perfect season in tact.  Go Cats!!!!

4.  NYE!!!!!!!!  For those of you who didn't know, New Year's Eve has long been my most favorite holiday of all time.  This year did not disappoint, as we rang in the ball dropping at The Palace for a concert with Jason Isbell and Shovels and Rope.  Although, Isbell isn't the most "happy" music, per se, it is beautiful and the boyfriend absolutely loves him.  It's totally worth it seeing him geek out over one of his favorite artists.  

Earlier in the evening, we hosted his younger brother and girlfriend for a fancy dinner at the house and had some friends meet us for drinks before the show. I'm not gonna lie, the champagne we had after getting back to the house may have been the straw that broke the camel's back in terms of feeling like a**hole for the entire next day.  I am no longer in my 20's, needless to say.  Ugh.

So all in all, a great holiday season.  I have pictures, but alas, I do not have my camera cord to upload them to my computer as I write this.  I'll post them soon, mostly so I can use them as an excuse to make up another post with very little content.  Blogger of the year, here, y'all!

Until then, I'm looking forward to dinner tonight with my Lexington girls and our significant others at Willie's Locally Unknown.  Love nights in Lexington with my ladies!

Have a great weekend, y'all!


No comments:

Post a Comment