Image Map

Friday, January 16, 2015

Master Bathroom Decor

I am so excited to write this long overdue post on my finished master bathroom!  I've had the wallpaper for this room since last summer and just got around to having it put up a few weeks ago.  Add a few minor touches, and thus completed my bathroom reno. I apologize in advance for the crappy iPhone pics.  The lighting in that room is awful, hence why I do my make in the master closet.  A post on that is under works since I finally got around to ordering the window treatments!  Yay!


So, the bathroom is in need of a major overhaul, but since I'm not into spending that much money I decided that some cute wallpaper and custom accessories were in order.  The wallpaper is made by Thibaut and the shelf above came from Target (I can't find it online anymore).

My mom bought be the quote hung on the wall.  She sang that song to me and my brother growing up for years.  It was kind of funny when she gave it to me, she asked "do you remember me singing that to you guys?" I jumped up and ran into my office and grabbed the subway print of the entire song I have framed in there.  Of course, I remember, Mom!  Some things just stick with you :).

So do you see the toilet paper holder in the pic above?  I installed that. By myself. Upside down. Because there was no other way to do it than that.  The old holder (which looked like something out of a horror movie) left a screw anchor that I couldn't get out or around when installing the new holder.  Whatever, it still looks better than the other one.


I ordered the custom shower curtain from a local linen store, Bedded Bliss, that specializes in fancy, overpriced linens.  It took forever to come in (damn Italian summer breaks) and I had it monogrammed in town.  I busted the bank on this one, but I absolutely love it and hadn't found anything pre-fab I liked after months of searching.



The vanity isn't exactly the most posh place in my house, but it works and has enough counter space for one person.  I'd love to redo the medicine cabinet, but I don't know how to even go about that without losing the storage space behind it.

The bathroom is pretty small in terms of master bath standards, so I don't want to lose any much needed storage.  But darn it if that mirror isn't ugly.  Oh well.


This is across from the sink, which is in a separate room from the toilet and shower.  I do really like that feature.  If only I could get the pocket door that you can sort of see on the left to work.  It's stuck inside the wall and no one can seem to get it to come out.  One day, just add it to the list of teeny, nonessential repairs to be done!

I think it looks way better than it did before, without a huge renovation.  Thank goodness yellow and grey is back in style!

Happy Friday, y'all!  I'm looking forward to this weekend and hope you are too!

1 comment:

  1. Great bathroom idea shared here with us which is really useful for bathroom renovation. Thanks for the blog keep updating more like this.Sharing something for all about bathrooms as there are many innovative sites with which we makeover our bathroom with creative Bathroom Makeovers and bathroom design ideas. and get your bathroom looks wonderful.

    ReplyDelete