Image Map

Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Craft Room Part 1: Buy Aaaaall the Things!

I mentioned the other day that I went to Ikea to get all the furniture for the craft room in the basement. What I didn't mention is that Ikea sends me into sensory overload and makes me sweaty and panicky just being inside.  Nevertheless, I decided to grab the lovely Courtney and drag her with me on a busy Saturday.

Here's what I picked up, and probably won't put together for at least 3 more months. I could barely get the darn boxes out of my car. I'm not even try to get them into the house until I have help. Oh, the woes of living alone!

Sidebar, anyone want to come build all this crap for me? I will end up throwing an Allen wrench through a window if I try to do it myself.  What, no takers? Humph.

Anyway, here's what I picked up:


Alex drawer, but in white. Every fricking piece of furniture I buy is white. I have a problem. I'll put smaller accessories and whatnot in these drawers.


Alex tall drawers. I'm crossing my fingers that this fits 12 x 12 paper. I couldn't find it in the showroom when we were there to measure the inside of the drawer. If it doesn't, I might cry. I plan on keeping all my craft paper in here, divided by color of course. OCD FOR THE WIN!


This Ekby wall shelf is hard to see since it's white (shocking, I know). But I bought 3 of these to hold I don't know quite what yet. Probably craft boxes of some sort.


I also bought this Fintorp system, but in silver. I didn't get the dish drying rack, for obvious reasons. I'm planning on storing scissors, Sharpie's, and other utensils in the 7 silver hanging buckets I bought.


This Galant desk is huge and the height is adjustable. It'll be great for when I'm trying to work on large scale photo projects.


And lastly, I got this huge shelf to store big plastic bins for larger crafting and party decor items. I bought 8 of those, but I really didn't think you cared to see pictures of them.

Something that I found pretty helpful was this website here. When the arrange a room tool wasn't acting wonky, it made it super easy to decide what pieces to buy and how they would fit in the room. I customized each piece of furniture to the dimensions listed on Ikea's website. I even added the rug I have and some lamps I bought last week to see how it would all look together.

The next step is to actually go buy the paint samples I want to test. I'm going with a greige wall, and have no idea how it's going to look in a super dark, poorly lit, basement room.

I'll probably bring down a floor lamp in addition to the two desk lamps I bought last week,

So that's it for now, stay tuned for updates. And by tuned, I mean check back in a few months when I get around to doing anything productive besides shop. Ha!

Happy Tuesday, y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment