Image Map

Monday, March 30, 2015

The Adventures of Riley and Mom

This weekend was a bit chaotic, to say the least. Between Ikea on Saturday and the UK game that night, I was absolutely stressed out beyond belief.

Lucky for me, Sunday turned out to be a gorgeous day. Pretty weather always makes everything better, especially when you can get outside and enjoy it. I had stayed in Lexington Saturday night, so when I got back to Louisville Sunday to pick up the dog, I knew a trip to the new park was definitely in order.

Louisville is currently home to the largest park installation in the country right now, and it's estimated to be completed this year. The Parklands at Floyds Fork is four park systems linked with one main road over the span of 3,800 acres in East Louisville.

There are over 100 miles of hiking and I have been dying to get out there and try them out. The boyfriend had the mini this weekend, so I grabbed Riley and my mom and we headed out.

We took the easiest trail, the Black Willow, and were pretty darn pleased with our choice. Even though it was a bit chilly with the wind, the park is gorgeous and the walk was down right lovely!

Riley had a blast and even behaved himself around all the bikers and kids. Sometimes he's not the most social dog when out in public. The good weather must have put him in a good mood.


Riley is not a fan of getting wet. Bath time is super fun. I was really surprised when he walked right into the creek, but not at all shocked when he immediately jumped back out when he realized what he was doing.



Also not a fan of the stream walkways that were covered in water. He hopped right over them like a little ballerina. Such a weirdo...





He also had no interest in walking on logs with me. Such a stinker.

We had a great time and explored just enough for me to be tired that night and sleep like a baby, even after watching Walking Dead.

Anyone else addicted to that show? This season finale was way better than I expected!!! That's all I will say in the interest of no spoilers.

Until next time, Go Cats and happy Monday y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment