Image Map

Thursday, March 26, 2015

Getting Crafty

When Robbie moved out last summer, I was left with a lot of extra space in the house that I didn't really need, but wanted to do something with. I turned his bedroom into a giant master closet (post coming soon, I swear!). I had totally forgotten about his creepy man cave room in the basement until a couple days ago, though.

My basement is unfinished except for this one weird little room that has plastic wood paneling and indoor outdoor carpet and a small closet. I think it may have been a teenager's bedroom back in the 70's. The original owners of the house raised 12 kids in my house!!! Can you believe that? I mean, the house is decent sized and could comfortably fit a family of 6-8, but 12 kids??? Holy hell! 

Anyway, I digress. So I think I'm going to turn the creepy basement room previously used by Robbie to drink scotch and listen to jazz into a craft room! And true to every woman in the digital age's habits, the first place I started looking for ideas was on Pinterest! Here's what sparked my interest:


Pin here


Pin here


Pin here

So my question to you, blogland, is have you ever actually attempted any "Ikea Hacks?" Should I spare myself the misery of another Pinterest fail? 

And what color scheme should I go with??? It's a really dark room, so I need something bright and energizing. I'm thinking something with navy, coral, mint, and grey. 


Pin here

So here's to another decor adventure that I'll never get around to sharing. I really am the worst at following up with blog posts, ha!

Till next time, cheers, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Craft room?!! Yes, please!! Can't wait to see what you come up with!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully it will get done sooner than later! Putting together a bunch of Ikea furniture might do me in!

      Delete