Image Map

Thursday, March 19, 2015

Kauai: Day 3, The Na Pali Coast Whale Watching Dinner Cruise

I'm really trying to not overload y'all with blog posts and pics from this trip, but it's so hard to not share all of the gorgeous shots and views of this island.  So with that being said, let me go ahead and do just that.

Monday morning we had an opening breakfast meeting for the entire convention. During this meeting, there is a guest business comedian. Let me just say that his best bit was about impersonating former President Bill Clinton. Soooo, yeah, It was boring. It didn't help that we were super antsy to get to the rest of our plans for the day.






















After the meeting and a bit of time at the pool, we headed back to the room to get ready for a sunset whale watching tour along the Na Pali coast.  We were going to be served dinner and drinks on the catamaran, so I wasn't sure what to wear.  I opted for a silk tank, shorts, and a cardigan. It turned out to be a bit dressy compared to other guests, but that's pretty much par for my course.

We headed out around 2:45 out of Port Allen towards the western part of the island. I cannot begin to describe how amazing this tour was. The pictures I've posted will never do justice to the intense beauty and lush landscape that is Kauai.  But I'll try my best to describe.

We saw at least 15 different whales, but our tour guides estimated that there were probably 100+ whales in our vicinity. It was so cool!

Once we got passed the whale mating areas, we quickly forgot about the marine life upon seeing the coast line. It was so surreal and looked like it had been painted. The greens were so green and I have never seen water so blue. It was breathtaking, I actually filled up the majority of a 4gb memory card and part of another.

I highly recommend taking a tour like this if you are ever in Kauai, it was totally worth it.

Later this week I'll show y'all the pictures from inside those coast lines in the Waimea Canyon. It was just as scenic as Na Pali.

See ya later, friends!



No comments:

Post a Comment