Image Map

Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Confessions of a Lazy Amateur Photog

So, I have this awesome camera. And I know how to use it, for the most part. I mean, I did take Photo 1 my senior year of college. I retained all of the info, I swear. Ha. But the thing is, I am super lazy. And what I did manage to not forget, I sometimes don't feel like using.

I hate editing photos. Even more than that, I hate taking multiple shots because I had the settings wrong the first time. And I can't see the LCD screen well enough, even when I wear my glasses, to see the small details that require adjustments.

So pretty much what I'm saying here is that I'm a lazy photographer and I wish I could just take the perfect photo the first time. Is that too much to ask? Seriously? 

So in the interest of self improvement, I decided to play around with some of the pics from recent events. I can't really tell if they are better or not, but at least I figured out how to add a watermark. Yay for me!

What do you guys think?


Hiking with the pup in Cove Springs

{Above is edited, below is original; same for all photos}



Waterfall at Cove Springs



Kite Fest at Jacobson Park



Little Miss Nugget


That face is cute in any photo, badly lit or not. Love those sweet cheeks!!!!

Anyway, I'm still learning, but I think they look better. Except the Kite Fest one. I don't think the edit looks better. I think it looks fake. Might go with the original on that one.

Well, that's all I have for today. Have a great Tuesday, y'all!

2 comments:

  1. Your photo editing is great!!! I need to start doing a better job about this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's not my favorite thing to do, but until my photo skills get a bit better, I'm going to learn to have to like it! :)

      Delete