Image Map

Friday, April 17, 2015

Five on Friday!

It's been quite a long time since I linked up with April, Christina, Natasha, and Darcy for the five things I've been loving this week, so here we go!

1. Catching one of my all time favorite bands this past weekend in Knoxville at the Rhythm 'n Blooms.  The Decemberists are kind of a weird band, but I love them and was so pumped to see them live!!!


2. Finding a hidden gem of a nature preserve in downtown Knoxville! We were pretty much only interested in three or four bands down at the festival, so we spent Saturday and Sunday morning hiking through Ijams Nature Preserve. It was absolutely gorgeous and part of it was an old marble quarry! Yay quarry!





3. New camera lens!!! I just ordered this little dude a few days ago and can't wait till it arrives! I seriously doubt it will do much to improve my mediocre camera skills, but hey, I can dream!


4. Upcoming weekend events!!! We're taking the BF's mini to a kite fest in Lexington this Saturday after his soccer game! The weather is supposed to be gorgeous and any day with his little one is a great one!

5. Can I just put Friday here? Despite only working 4 days due to the Knoxville trip, this week has been extremely long. I think it's because we're a little slow at work and the days tend to drag on. Oh wait, I just thought of something! I finished two excellent books this week, Station Eleven and Everything I Never Told You. Both are very intense and somewhat dark, but very well written and interesting.

Have a great weekend, y'all!






No comments:

Post a Comment