Image Map

Thursday, April 9, 2015

Downstairs Guest Room

I've sort of finished the downstairs guest room.  It's as good as it's going to get for the time being.  I would love to have a headboard, but I think that for the mean time, the art I need to hang will do.  

Let's talk about the bedding for a minute.  I am so excited about the deal I got on this set.  It's 1891 by Sferra, which is their lower end line of bedding, but still just as luxurious and fairly expensive.  I found it on clearance at Ru La La around the time I bought the house and knew it would be perfect for the romantic but fun look I was hoping to achieve in the guest room.  I don't think it's on sale anymore, but here's a link for another website that offers it.  I found the matelasse shams on eBay for next to nothing as well, also 1891 by Sferra.

I think the dresser might need a coat of paint, seeing as it was my dresser from my childhood bedroom.  It's at least 25 years old, but in great condition.  I'm just not a fan of oak furniture.

I was very pleased with this paint color, unlike the upstairs guest room.  I love, love, love a yellow bedroom! Actually, I love a yellow anything.  It is my favorite color of all time!  The color I chose is called Banana Cream from Sherwin Williams.  It's a semi gloss, or what they call an eggshell.   It has just enough dimension to it without being too shiny.  I wish I would have used it in my master bedroom as well.



Eventually I would love to put in some pretty window treatments, or at the very least replace those god awful plastic shades. I doubt I ever will, though. It's not worth it if I'm going to sell this place in the next few years or so. 

But so there is the down stairs guest room. Ir's fairly simple, but pretty. Hope everyone has a great Thursday! One more day and it's the weekend!  Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment