Image Map

Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Master Bedroom Reveal

I think for the most part, I'm finished decorating my master bedroom. I have a couple small details to finish, like spraying the top three dresser drawer handles gold and rehanging a pictures that fell off the wall, but this it for awhile.


This room is the only other room besides the family room that has carpet. Before I moved in, I had planned on ripping it out and refinishing the hardwood underneath. Unfortunately, when I pulled up the carpet to check, the hardwood had a tar paper layer on it that I knew wasn't going to come up easily. So the carpet stayed. 

I replaced my bedding soon after I moved, but kept with the navy theme. I even used a couple of the shams from my old bedding set. I replaced my dresser with the one above.

The old dresser is now in my guest room upstairs and the new dresser is a refurb from a Peddler's Mall. Let me just give you a piece of advice: do not bother trying to spray lacquer a large piece of furniture. It's a pain in the ass and will never turn out perfect. I cannot begin to tell you how many problems I had with Amy Howard's spray lacquer. 

The window panels are from Restoration Hardware and I got them at an outlet somewhere in Pennsylvania when driving home from New Jersey. I found the tie backs at a local fabric store, Tassels. They are actually trim for pillows that I used drapery ring clasps to attach to a hook on the wall. I think the drapes are my favorite part of this room.

When it's sunny, warm, and breezy outside, these panels look absolutely perfect. It's just enough weight to look luxe, but light enough to feel summery. I should rehang larger rods and place them higher, but they were already here when I moved in. I wasn't spending money when I didn't have to.


I may end up moving the three pictures above the night stand to somewhere else in the house. Actually, I may change the whole picture set up on that wall completely. We'll see. Right now it's not really my focus. But I need to break down and buy a head board.


I had originally planned on painting this tall chest of drawers with a kelly green spray lacquer, but after the issues with the long dresser, I decided to leave it. I did replace the drawer handles with these cute fox heads from Anthropologie.


I only used them on the top two small drawers since they were $12 a piece. If I had put them on each drawer, the knobs would have cost more than the darn piece of furniture. I got the rest from Hobby Lobby. They're alright, but I love those little foxes!!! Maybe they'll go on sale.

The door beside the small window lead out to a flat top roof that I may turn into a deck one day. We'll see if that ever happens. 

Update: I finished the dresser drawer pulls! Finally!!!


And just for fun, here's the dresser before I refurbished it!


Until next time, cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment