Image Map

Friday, April 3, 2015

Upstairs Guest Room Reveal

So in keeping with this week's theme of room reveals, I thought I'd share the only other room I splurged and had custom window treatments put in.  The upstairs guest room doesn't actually see many guest, but has come in handy a few times.  


I had the room painted professionally before I moved in, but once I saw the finished product, I decided I picked the wrong color. I was hoping for more of a coral color, not so much the peach I picked. I've since learned to buy sample pots and test first.


But, I absolutely love the window treatments and the fabric that I chose for them. It's been in my basement for a couple years waiting for me to decide what to do with it. Thanks fabric store sale!


This room is actually really light and full of sunshine, despite the dark pictures. The dresser above is the old one from my bedroom. It's currently housing bathing suits, work out gear, and random crap that doesn't find but I can't bear to get rid of.

The rug came from one of the sales on One King's Lane, and I had originally planned on using it in the dining room. I ended up using something else because it wasn't quite big enough.  Anyway, I digress. 


The bedding is Kate Spade that I got on super clearance before I ever moved in. It's a little big for a full bed, even though it's full/queen size, but it's really cute.


My mom gave me the two side lamps on the end of the dressers that used to be my grandmother's. I love the delicate touch they add in addition to the pretty editions of classic books from Anthropologie. My grandparent's were both librarians, so it's a pretty little homage to them.


I also really love this reading chair and side table that my mom gave me.  It's a sweet little touch that gives the room a kind of bed and breakfast feel. I love that!

So that's the guest room! Now I just need to host some more guests.

Happy Friday, y'all!!! And GO CATS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment