Image Map

Thursday, October 27, 2016

Nesting

Happy almost Friday, y'all! I am so incredibly ready for this week to be over that I can barely stand it! Let's just say it's been a long week at work and owning a fleet of heavy duty machinery is over rated. 

Lately, I've been having extremely strong nesting urges when I'm home and have pretty much decided every room in our house needs a makeover except maybe two. Is that normal around month 5? I feel like nesting is supposed to be around month 7? Maybe my hormones are just advanced and over achieving! Ha!

My current obsession is repainting our master bedroom and updating our master bath. I really want to make our couple space very romantic, light, and airy feeling. Right now it feels more like, uhh, a messy Picasso painting.


Here's the vibe I'm aiming for. Light with a few touches of soft color (I'm thinking powder blue instead of the blush pictured), very bright, and extremely peaceful. In this room, kids don't come running in at 6 am demanding breakfast, right??? And you always awake refreshed and without bedhead... Ha ha, yeah right.

First step is hiring a painter to get rid of the Palladium Blue walls that grace almost every room in my house. I cannot tell you how sick I am of that color. Same goes for the other dominant color, Revere Pewter that is in every other room that isn't aqua. When is that dang color going to go out of style??? I'm incredibly over it. But I'm not spending a fortune repainting every room in our house because I'm crazy and pregnant. So the bedroom will have to suffice.

Here's the palette I'm looking at and hoping doesn't make our beige carpets look too yellow.


I'm thinking number 2, Dove White from Benjamin Moore, might be a winner, but I'll have to paint some swatches. Our bedroom can look incredibly drab in the evening and I don't want walls that look dingy.

(Other colors in the swatch, all Benjamin Moore: 1. Ivory White 3. Decorator's White 4. Atrium White 5. Acadia White 6. Elephant Tusk)

After that, I'll see what the budget holds for redoing the master bath. It's going to involve some actual renovation work and headache, so I might just live with it for a little while longer. No one wants to bring home a baby to contractors and dry wall dust.

Until my next fit of nesting hits!

No comments:

Post a Comment