Image Map

Friday, December 23, 2016

Week 28 Bump Date!


{I am the queen of poorly lit bump photos, I tell you what!}

How Far Along:
28 weeks, hello third trimester!!!

Baby's Size:
2.25 pounds and almost 15 inches long, or the size of a large eggplant. 
We'll see if he's actually that long. We have an ultrasound Wednesday to check his growth since he was measuring a bit short at 21 weeks. Luckily the doctor isn't worried and is just being cautious. And let's be honest, this kid is going to be short. His mama is 4'11" and his dad isn't breaking any growth charts and 5'10" or so.

Symptoms:
Swollen feet and legs, super uncomfortable after small amounts of activity, Braxton Hicks contractions in the evenings, lots of cravings for milkshakes, lots of trips to the bathroom, breathlessness from simple activities, inability to reach my feet...the list goes on and on. Let's just say, I'm lucky this baby is healthy and the only thing I have to worry about is how uncomfortable I am these days.

Movement:
Still tons in the evenings and after I eat. Baby L loves him some chocolate, too. I swear he does karate in there after I eat something sweet. It's pretty funny!

Sleep:
It has improved since we got a new mattress a month or so ago, but the bathroom trips have certainly not decreased in frequency. I am so relieved to be having less hip pain from pressure points and an old mattress. Round ligament pains are a whole other story, but I'll take my victories where I can these days.

Nursery:
Oh-mah-gosh is it so stinking cute. We got the dresser put together a couple weeks ago, and well, let's just say that IKEA and I are no longer BFF. The Hemnes dresser is such a b****h to put together!!!! Do not undertake this task over 5 months pregnant. Consider yourself warned.

The Name Game:
Nothing new to report here. Still undecided on that middle name and no signs of that changing.

Looking Forward To:
Organizing the dresser drawers!!! Even though putting the dresser together almost killed me, I cannot get enough of the teeny baby accessories that I get to put in it! Squee!!!

Some Great Things From Week 28:
Another ultrasound, the upcoming Christmas holiday, and ordering new leggings on super duper sale! Despite all the discomfort, things are pretty peachy around these parts!

Rings:
Getting more and more snug as the days pass. I bet by week 32 they'll be on a necklace. This water retention is no joke...

Missing Most:
Brie. So much brie...  Oh, and also being able to wear any of my boots or shoes.

Left to Do:
Baby shower number 2, pack hospital bags, and a few things around the nursery. Ooh, and schedule a carpet cleaning for February. Hooray for nesting!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment